Arc of Monroe
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Direct Support Professional
at Arc of Monroe
Direct Support Professional Openings in Day Services
Be You, Be the Arc. Bring your kindness, bring your compassion, bring your diversity. Create a rewarding career at The Arc of Monroe by empowering and supporting people with I/DD to live fulfilling lives and create opportunities for independence and inclusion.
No experience needed, just the desire to have fun, build relationships, and enrich the lives of people with disabilities! We provide all education and training.
We have Full-Time and Part-Time Openings in our Day Services programs across the county. Per Diem, or “on-call”, staff is also available. Shifts are between 7:30a – 4:30p.
Direct Support Professional Benefit Offerings:
- Health Insurance with agency contribution
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Advancement opportunities available with DSP Credentialing course
- Employer Paid term life insurance
- Retirement plan with Agency match
- Tuition Reimbursement & Employee Referral Bonus
- Empower people to make their own choices while providing as little support as necessary to create opportunities for independence
- Guide people through their morning & nighttime routine (varied based on level of support)
- Assist with personal care, hygiene, and daily living skills
- Play basketball, go for a walk, challenge someone to a game of cards
- Explore parks, museums, concerts, sporting events within the community
- Prepare a favorite meal together, making consistency modifications if necessary
- Be a role model for making safe and healthy lifestyle choices
- Grow positive relationships with families or guardians, and be their go-to contact
- Attend to medical needs, including transportation to and from doctor’s appointments
- High School diploma/G.E.D.
- Valid NYS driver’s license with reliable transportation to and from work
- Excellent communications skills
- History of smiling, helping and actively supporting people in and out of wheelchairs or transportation
You would be a good fit if your background includes Human Services, Teaching Assistant, Paraprofessional, Personal Care Aide, Home Health Aide, Certified Nursing Assistant, Customer Service, being collaborative, empathetic and caring.