Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
NYC Chapter Vice President of Development and Engagement
at Alzheimer's Association
The Alzheimer’s Association, New York City Chapter is seeking a dynamic, effective, customer-focused and collaborative Vice President of Development and Engagement. Reporting to the Regional Leader and NYC Chapter Executive Director, this individual is a key member of the New York City Chapter’s leadership team that sets the strategic direction and delivers on the chapter and national goals of the Alzheimer’s Association. In partnership with the Chapter’s Executive Director, responsible for formulating fundraising goals and objectives, leading and coaching an experienced professional team, engaging volunteer leaders and collaboratively building the infrastructure needed to strengthen and expand the organization’s donor base. Responsible for a comprehensive array of revenue generating activities, including mass market fundraising events, as well as corporate, foundation and individual giving.
* Manage Chapter’s strategic planning and implementation of fundraising programs to achieve mass market event revenue goals (i.e., Walk, The Longest Day, NYC Marathon.).
* Collaborate to identify corporate and organizational partners for sponsorship and large team participation.
* Recruit, develop and retain a highly productive fundraising team, key influential volunteers and other partners.
* Collaborate with the Executive Director and National Office corporate development team to build and cultivate high impact corporate relationships through volunteer engagement, corporate sponsorship and constituent event participation.
* Collaborate with the Executive Director and National Office major gift officers to build, cultivate and steward an ongoing pipeline of potential and current donors.
* Lead, coach and mentor a team of experienced fundraisers and special events staff for professional growth and performance excellence.
* Collaborate with the Executive Director and development team to work with the Board of Directors to design fundraising plans.
* Grow Board hosted fundraising events and volunteer engagement opportunities.
* Develop and maintain internal and external partnerships to enhance the financial viability of the Association.
* Evaluate current corporate and individual donor base to identify opportunities to expand Chapter relationships with the NYC philanthropic community.
* Collaborate with National Office team as well as the leadership team in day to day operations as well as on special projects and represent the Chapter in development discussions on a nationwide level.
* Assure compliance with Alzheimer’s Association policies, procedures, standards and applicable regulatory requirements.
* Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
* 7 years of leadership level experience in development with diversified fundraising programs.
* 5 years senior management level experience
* Experience in planning, managing and budgeting for a fundraising organization with a goal of $5 million or more.
* Experience with special mass market fundraising events.
* Strong track record in mobilizing high impact community volunteers to engage in fundraising efforts, as well as other leadership activities in support of the Association’s mission.
* Experience with the NYC philanthropy community preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to develop, foster and build donor and corporate relationships and proven experience with year-over-year fundraising growth.
* Ability to engage and encourage others to maximize potential and achieve aggressive organization growth goals.
* Ability to work independently, as well as fully engage in a culture where team collaboration and diplomacy is highly valued.
* Demonstrated management skills, including the ability to set clear goals, organize projects, establish and manage budgets, develop work processes and supervise professionals.
* Experience with strategic implementation planning, budget development and management.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as proficiency with Internet and fundraising database applications.
* Executive presence - excellent written and verbal communication skills to represent the Chapter at meetings and special events.
* Schedule flexibility to cover occasional evening, early morning and weekend events with ability to travel as required.
* Valid Driver’s license, proof of vehicle insurance and access to reliable transportation to meet travel requirements of this role.