Alvarez & Marsal Holdings, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Associate, Cyber Incident Response
at Alvarez & Marsal Holdings, LLC
Alvarez & Marsal; Disputes and Investigations
Global Cyber Risk Services – Seeking Cyber Incident Response Senior Associates
Alvarez & Marsal’s (A&M’s) Global Cyber Risk Services offerings have been developed to assist Boards and Management teams in understanding the organization’s Incident Response, Cyber-readiness, and Cyber Strategy development. Our methods are grounded in guidance from the regulatory and industry frameworks and best practices that govern our clients’ specific business. Our team of cybersecurity experts provides prioritized findings, observations, recommendations and a roadmap for gap closure. We use expertly developed methodologies, tools and techniques to identify vulnerabilities, system misconfigurations and program deficiencies to improve your organization’s overall cyber posture and process maturity.
Strategic Planning & Advisory Services A&M’s team of cybersecurity experts includes many former Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs) and senior information security professionals who can help your organization articulate a strategic vision that goes well beyond day-to-day management of cybersecurity. Our team has advised Fortune 500 firms to develop their strategic plans, incorporating and drawing from elements of technology risk, information security, insider threat, and cybersecurity workforce development and retention.
About the Opportunity:
Our Global Cyber Risk Services (GCRS) team is seeking Cyber Incident Response Senior Associates. As a Senior Associate within the GCRS team, you will be a key part of that growth. Working with companies across all industries, you will develop your career by communicating creative solutions for the client’s specific needs. It’s all about listening to and understanding our clients to give them a truly exceptional experience in a field where there really are no off-the-shelf recommendations.
As cyber-crime continues to threaten businesses - large and small, hackers are improving their tactics,
techniques and procedures faster than corporate security teams can keep up. Increasingly organized and collaborative, their methods grow more sophisticated each year. When our clients don’t have the
knowledge or resources to take-on the threat of a cyber-attack, they look to us for help.
The nature of this role means no two projects will be the same. You’re likely to balance your time between directly liaising with our clients to understand their situation and create an appropriate response plan. It’s all about using your investigative savvy to creatively assess and resolve our clients’ needs from the front lines. That means thinking differently about the type of security breach, assist in containing the breach, forensically analyze the evidences and artifacts to identify the root cause and provide remediation recommendations to close the gaps.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Perform post-breach incident response and digital forensics functions including but not limited to: host-based analysis functions through investigating Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X systems to identify Indicators of Compromise (IOCs).
- Perform behavioral analysis and reverse engineer the malware to understand the modus operandi of the attacker.
- Examine firewall rules/configurations, web, database, and other log sources to identify evidence and artifacts of malicious and compromised activity.
- Investigate data breaches leveraging forensics tools including Encase, FTK, F-Response, SIFT, MacQuisition, Splunk, and custom investigation tools to determine source of compromises and malicious activity that occurred in client environments.
- Managing the key components of a portfolio of Cyber projects, including strategy, planning and execution
- Developing long-term relationships across a network of existing and potential clients, understanding their businesses to provide tailored insights.
- Constantly developing your understanding of our clients’ industries, identifying trends, risks and opportunities for improvement
- Develop tools for internal team use. Actively contribute to the maintenance and enhancement of team systems and processes.
- Develop and complete an education plan to grow your skills consistent with client needs.
- Assist other team members with their efforts toward this goal.
- Using technology to distribute your knowledge of leading-practice and enhance service delivery
- Aiding in development of interns and junior consultants through constant coaching, mentoring and feedback, providing challenging goals and guaranteeing your people have the skills, knowledge and opportunities to grow.
- Promote awareness of the team whether by building relationships with internal customers, publishing whitepapers or advisories, participating in marketing materials, or presenting at conferences.
- A bachelor’s degree, supported by approximately 3+ years relevant work experience
- Achieved, or be working towards a professional designation, such as EnCE, ACE, CCE, CCFP, or GIAC - GCFE, GCIH, GREM
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to prioritize when working on multiple engagements
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills, and the confidence to communicate complex technical concepts to a wide range of audiences
- In-depth understanding of computer forensic principles including intrusion response, network monitoring, reverse engineering and malware analysis
- Working knowledge of hardware configuration and network/data communications, software development and scripting, and database technology and database exploitation/forensics
- Experience with law enforcement evidence seizure and conducting intelligence analysis.
- Proven ability to maintain and create technical documentation for the enterprise-level customers
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to demonstrate solid attention to detail and a penchant for accuracy
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Alvarez & Marsal was founded in 1983 when Tony Alvarez II and Bryan Marsal recognized the opportunity to provide radically different advice and hands-on support to organizations facing operational and financial hurdles – situations demanding action, objectivity and real results.
Mavericks determined to challenge the prevailing approach to management consulting, Alvarez & Marsal's (A&M) founders helped pave the way for what became an industry: turnaround management, corporate restructuring and performance improvement for companies and stakeholders.
Often compared to corporate doctors, the founders built a culture through the years – blending together a mix of operating managers, functional experts and consultants. The firm grew at a measured pace to maintain quality and increase A&M's global reach and capabilities.
Committed to its core values, A&M has since evolved from a boutique player to the premier independent global professional services firm with a reputation for providing leadership, problem-solving and value-creation to under performing and robust companies across the industry spectrum. The firm today tackles wide ranging issues, with a focus on preserving and maximizing enterprise value.
With an operational heritage and depth of senior resources, A&M teams are able to rapidly diagnose and execute practical solutions in complex business environments by:
- Understanding Opportunities and Challenges
- Collaborating and Listening
- Planning and Partnering
- Building Consensus
- Supporting and Guiding / Leading
- Establishing a Self-Sustaining Organization
When the stakes are high, companies and stakeholders look to A&M to help find the right answer and deliver the solution in a variety of service areas. Whether serving as trusted advisers or in interim management roles to accelerate positive change, A&M professionals are on the ground across North America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Latin America – drawing on a proud operational heritage, never resting on our laurels.