Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Job ID
- Employee Classification
- 1199 Union
- Facilities Management
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
Founded in 1955, the Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Einstein) is one of the nation's premier institutions for medical education, basic research and clinical investigation. A full-time faculty of some 2,000 conducts research, teaches, and delivers health care in every major biomedical specialty. The college has some 730 medical students,193 Ph.D.students, 106 MD/Ph.D. students and 275 postdoctoral fellows.
Einstein's major strength,in addition to training physicians and scientists,is its science.During fiscal year 2015,the faculty's consistently high level of scientific achievement resulted in the awarding of morethan $1SO million in peer reviewed grants from the National Institutesof Health (NIH).
Einstein is part of Montefiore Medicine Academic Health System, an integrated academic delivery system comprising seven campuses,including 8 hospitals,a multi-county ambulatory network,a new state-of-the art"hospital without beds", a skilled nursing facility, school ofnursing,home health agency,and the state's first freestanding emergency department. As the University Hospital for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore is a premier academic health system, employing Einstein's clinical faculty and training Einstein's medical students, over 1,300 residents,420 allied health students, and 1,600 nursing students annually.
The Albert Einstein College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.Einstein seeks candidates whose skills,and personal and professionalexperience,have prepared them to contribute to our commitment todiversity and excellence,and the communities we serve.
List of Responsibilities
- Read blueprints and perform drafting under limited supervision;
- Examine and verify field conditions and measurements;
- Complete routine planning work order requests as assigned;
- Perform existing conditions surveys;
- Take project photos;
- Track time spent on projects;
- Organize shop files;
- Interpret design criteria and transform information into working drawings under limited supervision;
- Prepare orders for equipment and supplies as needed;
- Design laboratories, offices and other spaces as needed by the College;
- Prepare working drawings for house staff (electrical, HVAC, plumbing);
- Prepare furniture/casework layouts, prepare a furniture/casework schedules and review associated furniture/casework proposals;
- Draw building elevations and transform them into representation drawings;
- Attend (with supervisor when necessary), meetings with principal investigators and other College personnel;
- Explain and clarify in detail the intricate parts of drawings with general notes; cross sections and 3D drawings as necessary;
- Responsible for getting drawing approval and respective sign-offs from all pertinent parties;
- Provide punchlists for completed projects;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Educational Background
- High School Diploma and 7+ years of experience in the architectural, engineering, or planning fields are required.
- Experience in construction project management is preferred.
Skills and Competencies
- Must possess the strength and dexterity needed to perform the job and the physical ability to move equipment as necessary;
- Must adhere to operational safety rules and regulations as deemed by the College;
- Must be able to follow directives and possess good communication skills and ability to interact with building/office occupants effectively;
- Must possess knowledge of laboratory and office planning;
- Must be familiar with the building code and be able to interpret for appropriate building and design;
- Must be articulate and communicate well in e-mails and verbally;
- Must possess organizational skills to manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Must have full working knowledge of the latest version of AutoCad or related Drafting programs;
- Must have basic knowledge of MS PowerPoint;
- Must know how to assemble a materials presentation board;
Scope of Responsibility
- Responsible for working with all trades foreman, operations dept, architects/engineers, equipment manufacturers and all other parties required to provide a complete set of working drawings.
- Work with other departments to ensure standards are met.