Adams Communication & Engineering Technology, Incorporated
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
STAMP- Ground Support Equipment (GSE) Mechanic
at Adams Communication & Engineering Technology, Incorporated
- Clearance Level Required
- Top Secret/SCI
- # of Openings
- Travel Required
Adams Communication & Engineering Technology (ACET), Incorporated is a Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB) system engineering and information technology firm, headquartered in Maryland and Virginia. Incorporated in 1999, we support mission critical Information Technology (IT) business needs for clients within the intelligence community (IC), Department of Defense (DOD), Veteran Administration (VA) and for select commercial clients. ACET, Inc.’s technical, programmatic, and analytical professionals are experts in commercial technology, customized solutions, and proprietary government systems.
ACET is seeking a GSE Mechanic to join our OCONUS team.
The Ground Support Equipment (GSE) Mechanic, Facility Equipment repairs and maintains a variety of Aviation Ground Support Equipment (AGE) and commercial vehicles to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) specifications with minimum supervision.
- Inspect, repair and maintain assigned AGE – includes light and heavy repair.
- Use maintenance instructions and technical data in the inspection, maintenance, and repair of assigned ground equipment.
- Enter required data on maintenance forms. Maintains hand and powered tools in an orderly manner.
- Complete maintenance data forms and make automated maintenance system inputs into Sprocket.
- Assist in the training and direction of assigned personnel.
- Practice good housekeeping, tool control, FOD awareness/prevention and safety at all times - maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Must be able to work day shift, swing shift, night shift or weekend shift as required.
- Receive cross-utilization training - qualified to perform maintenance tasks associated with other classifications.
- Diagnose engine mechanical issues and repair (Diesel, gas and LP).
- Troubleshoot A/C and D/C electrical systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair hydraulic systems.
- Utilize computer software to diagnose systems.
- Continue to receive ongoing training to gain/maintain knowledge of all onsite equipment
- Maintain required level of productivity.
- Accurately complete repair orders in a timely fashion.
- Note all parts used on a repair in Sprocket.
- Communicate safety concerns found on vehicles/equipment to management/operator.
- Communicate customer requests for service to management.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned.
- Five years of experience in specific field and any field specific certifications of licenses from a recognized accrediting agency.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Vocational training certificate, or equivalent work experience, or specialized courses in powered AGE maintenance are preferred.
- Two years recent experience as a powered AGE mechanic or equivalent in powered AGE maintenance is required.
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for extended periods throughout the day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- Must be able to type using a standard keyboard to communicate through e-mail and various software applications.
- Will handle dirty parts and lubricants.
- Will be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Must be able to pass a Respirator Physical and Fit Test qualification.
- May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, etc.
- Must be able to lift/push/pull minimum of 50 pounds.
- May work in normal office environment, maintenance shop or outside.
- Must be able to work in a shop where the environment is drafty, noisy, and dirty.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from operating equipment.
- May be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts or vehicles.
- A working knowledge of powered AGE repair procedures is required.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to read electrical and hydraulic flow schematics.
- A working knowledge of generators is preferred.
- Duties will involve working with fuels, oils, lubricants, and chemical cleaners and solutions.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance and flightline driver’s license
- All candidates must be U.S. Citizen to apply
**Position is Contingent Upon Contract Award**
ACET is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.