Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Store Readiness Specialist - Queens/Metro NY
- Job ID
- Store Number
- Queens, New York
- New York
▶Who we are
Imagine working in a place where continuous improvement and innovation is celebrated and rewarded; where fast-paced, high-impact teams come together to positively drive results for one of the largest & most iconic brands in the world.
As the only rapidly growing retailer, you may know us as your friendly neighborhood store. You probably know our familiar name, have seen our pervasive logo, and have tried our highly sought-after products, such as Slurpee® and Big Bite®. “Brain Freeze” is a 7-Eleven registered trademark for our 53-year old Slurpee® and with over 67,000 stores globally (more than any other retailer or food service provider), we sell over 14 million a month.
But there’s a lot more to our story and much more left to be written. We are transforming our business, ensuring we are customer obsessed and digitally enabled to seamlessly link our brick and mortar stores with digital products and services.
At 7-Eleven the entrepreneurial spirit is in our DNA and has been ever since our inception 90+ years ago. It’s what drove us to invent the convenience industry in 1927 by envisioning how a simple ice dock could provide household staples such as milk and eggs to better serve the needs of our customers.
Today we are redefining convenience and the customer experience in big ways...we are fundamentally changing our culture and we want talented, innovative, customer obsessed, and entrepreneurial people like you to come make history with us.
▶How we lead
At 7-Eleven we are guided by our Leadership Principles.
- Be Customer Obsessed
- Be Courageous with Your Point of View
- Challenge the Status Quo
- Act Like an Entrepreneur
- Have an “It Can Be Done” Attitude
- Do the Right Thing
- Be Accountable
Each principle has a defined set of behaviors which help guide the 7-Eleven team to Serve Customers and Support Stores.
▶About This Opportunity
- Manage scheduling and logistics of the store-readiness teams at new store, AQIP, acquisitions and franchise changeovers.
- Maintain high level communication with Operations and numerous staff functions and outside resources.
- Directly responsible for filing and procurement of all Operating licenses necessary to operate the new 7-Eleven stores (all deal types) with our uses.
- Manage the Store Readiness process including management of direct report team members or outsourced resources.
- Execute activities including process, procedure, training and administration.
- Address field merchandising inquiries and requests at the store level to include product assortment, product placement, footprints, and schematics.
- Execute current division store footprints, merchandising plans and initiatives.
- Perform ordering functions including merchandise, small wares, office supplies, and POP.
- Verify operation and placement of store equipment.
- Perform product assortment activities including setting carries and non-carries, establishing order quantities and minimums, identifying NRIs, executing footprints and schematics, shelf sequencing. Achieve a high standard of Store Cleanliness at time of turnover to operations.
- Complete required filings to obtain all operating licenses and permits prior to store opening.
- Education: Associates/2 Year Degree
- Experience: 3-5 years of Supervision of Multiple Store Operations.
- Possess strong facilitation and organization skills.
- Able to analyze, use and explain specific, logical, and detailed, complicated processes.
- Requires excellent written and verbal skills that clearly communicate Servant Leadership attributes. Working knowledge of store procedures and applications.
- Thorough knowledge of Store Operations including financial management, merchandising, store reports, human resources, etc.