Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Outreach Coordinator (Floater)
at 1199SEIU Funds
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8267
# of openings:
1199SEIU Benefit and Pension Funds
New York, NY
M - F, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Conduct site visits to designated institutions, covering all shifts, including nights and weekends; conduct presentations, educate and assist members in understanding their benefits available through the 1199SEIU Funds
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems related to member benefits, eligibility and health claims resolution; effectively respond in-person and via telephone and written inquiries to members, providers and Union and HR/employer representatives
- Participate in Union and employer programs such as in-service, labor management, and committees on wellness, benefits, disability, etc.
- Attend and participate in 1199SEIU chapter, division and area team meetings, when filling in for a coordinator including weekly delegate meetings and monthly assemblies
- Provide Union, management and potential members with benefits information
- Maintain accurate databases relating to member visits and daily work schedules; track institution information and ensure appropriate area coverage
- Conduct benefit and pension presentations, new-member orientations and pension counseling
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned by management
- Fill in for outreach coordinators when out on a leave. This includes developing short term relationships with management, union and members.
- Provide outreach support for in-house needs and field support for outreach coordinators.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of work experience
- Minimum one (1) year’s Union or member service experience required
- Experience with public speaking, outreach or community relations plus
- Experience with healthcare benefits and knowledge of the comprehensive package of health, pension and other benefits available through the 1199SEIU Funds preferred
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written; public speaking skills and ability to present information to groups in various settings
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional manner; ability to maintain productive work relationships with members, providers and Union and employer representatives
- Ability to work well under pressure and independently
- Demonstrated organizational skills; detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and prioritize; proven ability to work well in a team and adapt to changes in environment
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to travel extensively throughout the NY State region.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends