Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Junior Investments Analyst
at 1199SEIU Funds
# of openings:
1199SEIU Benefit and Pension Funds
New York, NY
M - F, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
What We Are Seeking
We are seeking a highly motivated candidate interested in a career in asset management to join our Investment Team. The Investment Team is comprised of accomplished professionals from top investment houses and Wall Street firms. This is a position with a firm focused on asset allocation across a broad array of asset classes and asset manager selection, it is not a trading-oriented or security selection position.
This represents an excellent opportunity to:
- Develop expertise in manager analysis and selection
- Interface with some of the most successful asset management firms in the world
- Prepare and analyze investment performance, risk, and attribution reports
- Work with team members to research, due diligence and monitor external asset managers and prospective managers
- Build and maintain sophisticated Excel-based databases for the purposes of analyzing asset managers
- Ensure integrity of data being utilized for the purposes of analyzing asset managers
- Assist in maintaining and improving modeling and reporting templates, validating results with back-tests and incorporating them in overall analytics and reporting package
- Perform ad-hoc research as requested
- High attention to detail
- Strong work ethic, independent problem-solving capabilities, effective communicator
- Intellectual curiosity with an interest in developing a career in asset management
- Collegial, team player
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Finance, Economics or another quantitative discipline) with outstanding academic performance that demonstrates strong analytical background and quantitative skills
- CFA Level l or higher
- 1 to 5 years of relevant investment-related work experience with institutional investor such as an endowment, foundation or pension fund
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Prior experience with investment software such as MPI Stylus, FactSet and Blackrock Aladdin Risk is highly preferred
Summary of 1199SEIU Funds
The 1199SEIU Funds provide pension and health benefits to over 200,000 working and retired union employees of leading private, not-for-profit healthcare organizations such as Montefiore Medical Center, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York Presbyterian Hospital, and NYU Medical Center. With approximately $13 billion of assets under management, we are one of the largest providers of union pension and health benefits in the nation.
The Fund is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and a collegial team environment. Interested candidates should send a cover letter with their resume.